Api Power begins construction of its 40 MW Chameliya Project; estimated 740 crore project aims to generate electricity within 20 months

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 5:02 AM on Latest, Corporate,

Api Power has inaugurated its 40 MW third hydro project Upper Chameliya on Kartik 1, 2077 which was formally inaugurated by chairman of Marma Gaupalika Mr. Jaman Singh Dhami.

The project aims to accomplish the construction work within 20 months following which the produced electricity will be evacuated by connecting it to the 16 km long transmission line, as per the media statement.

Out of the total estimated 740 crore project cost, 30% i.e. 222 crores will be raised from the shareholders by issuing right shares while the remaining 70% i.e. 518 crores will be raised as loan investment under the consortium of banks led by the Himalayan Bank, as per the media statement.