Hello, I am Subhash KC, an MBBS final year student from Kathmandu and also a swing trader in NEPSE since 2 years. I used to be in a time pressure of studies and sometimes I even go to the broker office for few hours to observe the market scenario and whenever I get free time I go there because I feel very happy to see the investors and traders discussing about the stock and I loved it. As COVID 19 made its way towards the world, all institutions are locked. I stayed in home in self quarantine.
As the lockdown is sure to be very long I thought to increase my confidence in trading and started revising the books that I had read a long ago about the investing and trading because revision is the foundation of success and confidence. I found an opportunity to test back those strategies and indicators more precisely in various timeframe and various indices. I am also watching many youtube videos about the stock market and the news. I take this market correction ( Depression) as a golden time as “the best investment is Investing in yourself “ .
I even started analyzing the US and Indian stock market ; S&P 500 , NASDAQ, Nifty 50, Sensex and even the commodities and Forex (USD/NPR), have increased my confidence in them and started sharing ideas in tradingview.com . I have also started virtual trading in the Investopedia (US market). And learned about the history and the consequences about the different crisis that the world economy had faced in previous such as 1929 crash , 2000 (Dot com bubble), 2008 (Housing bubble). I even loved watching video of the AGM 2019 and 2020 of Berkshire Hathaway by Warren Buffet.
Finally, I would like to suggest a few things to you that if followed can make this lockdown period a golden time for you:
- Every game in the world is not a gambling : Even in card and bet games, a person who knows and make strategies mostly wins.
- Read few books: Rich Dad Poor Dad- Robert Kiyosaki; Intelligent Investor- Benjamin Graham; Techincal Analysis of Financial market – John Murphy.
- Get knowledge about the options and future trading as this is becoming a reality in Nepal soon.
- Practice analysis of the open stock markets such as S&P 500, NASDAQ, NIFTY 50, SENSEX and make virtual trading in Investopedia.
- Make your own trading strategies in trading and investing.
- Be Ready to be the best trader in NEPSE and share your knowledge with your friend and families.
Subhash KC, an MBBS final year student
We at Sharesansar believe that each of us have stories to share from our Covid lockdown experience. We also believe that someone’s not-so-interesting personal story can become a reason for many to feel in comfort because most of us are going through strange times these days.
So, Sharesansar has decided to provide a space for your thoughts and is accepting short write-ups from our valued audience for our new Readers’ Corner section. You can email us your write-up with positive message to email@example.com and we will definitely promote positivity as much as possible from our platform.
#StayHome #StaySafe #StayPositive #FightCovid19